Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My new "hobby"

So, Josh always jokes that I need to find a hobby... Mainly because I have the attention of a 5 year old and think that his job is to entertain me. I think this is one of the main reasons I am successful as a kindergarten teacher. My attention span is about the same as my students. Anyway, my new goal lately is to try be a little more savvy at the grocery store and when shopping in general. Dorky, I know! I have to say, my best savings was the 10 boxes of cereal (honey nut Cheerios and lucky charms) that I bought for under $5.

So, I thought I would share some of my favorite sites....


Thrifty NorthWest Mom: money saving tips, good deals, etc.

Totally Target

Queen Bee Coupons and Savings

The Coupon Project

Coupon Connections

Frugal Living NW

Mini Social: great savings on kids clothes, items, toys

And of course Amazon Mom. I have been getting my diapers/pull ups here for nothing! I use the 15% off and free shipping that you get from being a member of amazon mom (free membership). Then I do the subscribe and save, which is another 15%. (I usually cancel the subscribe and save after the order has been placed.... you can subscribe and save over and over.) Then, I use the 20% off or $10 off amazon diapers coupon found in the magazine American Baby (subscription is free) or Parents magazine. In addition to this, I use the amazon money I earn from Swagbucks... which makes my orders next to nothing. I recently paid $6 for a box of 80 pull ups.

No comments: